I am the only one who does this orr…
you dont even feel it happen
its a sneak attack i swear
Music + Literature + Sherlock + Films
What isn’t cultural appropration:
• Trying/eating/making a culture’s food
• Listening to that culture’s music
• Watching that culture’s movies
• Reading that culture’s books
• Appreciating that culture’s art
• Wearing that culture’s clothing IF in a setting…
“This is a very strange scene to shoot. On the page it didn’t seem quite as sick as it did when we began shooting. It left us all with a very funny feeling in our stomachs. I think Benedict plays the predator brilliantly. And very against his natural character. He’s a very, very gentlemanly gentleman. Benedict was quite, kind of disturbed by the role he was playing and so we talked a lot about it and Juno was very supportive of him. In a way, it was more difficult for him to play the abuser than for Juno to play the abused. “
Dir. Joe Wright, Atonement commentary
Note the bottom. Birth year is 1977. In this font, I can’t think of any other digit that would partially look like this, is repeated and gives credible birth year. This, for me, settles the age debate.
Interestingly (probably just a prop issue?) the Fall date is absent. I mean, John would notice something like that…
So this means that Sherlock was 33 when he and John first met. Also, that would make Mycroft about 40 at this time.
He’s approximately three years younger than John.
He was 12 when Carl Powers was murdered and he “made a fuss” to the police.
He was about 28 when he first met Lestrade.
He is now 36 years old.
Excellent!! Though, assuming they met on Jan 29th, 2011, Sherlock would be 34. From ASiB, we know John was 37 that year.
So, the age difference is, as you said, 3 years. Which puts John’s birth year at 1974. But above news is from the time after the events at pool. So, it’s possible that John’s birth date could be in 1973 (roughly) July-Dec and he would still be 37 at the time of above news.
Mycroft’s birth year could be 1969-1970. As in, he could have been born anywhere between roughly September 1969 - April 1970 to be called 7 years older. (Stretching it more causes my mind to adjust 7 years to 7.5 years, and that is not a canonical number for me!)
He met Lestrade around the age of 28, meaning he wasn’t just out of University. Actually we don’t even know whether he completed any degree. What was he doing then? Rather, what could he be doing before meeting Lestrade? There is his addiction. Did he kick it after meeting Lestrade? Before? Because 28 years is a long time, most people are well set into their jobs (Dull), and Sherlock invented his after this? Oooh… will there be some inklings to this in series 3 given that there’s going to be some family time (speculated)?
FINALLY! I have always believed Sherlock’s age was similar to Benedict’s. Great sleuthing, cosmoglaut! I salute you.
WHY DOESN’T THIS HAVE LIKE A GIZZILION NOTES THIS IS PHENOMENAL
Dear Future Daughter:
1) When you’re at some party, chain smoking on the roof with some strange girl with blue hair and exorbitant large dark eyes, ask her about her day. I promise you, you won’t regret it. Often times you’ll find the strangest of people have the most captivating of stories to tell.
2) Please, never mistake desire for love. Love will engulf your soul, whilst desire will emerge as acid, slowly making it’s way through your veins, gradually burning you from the inside out.
3) No one is going to fucking save you, anything you’ve read or heard otherwise is bullshit.
4) One day a boy is going to come along who’s touch feels like fire and who’s words taste like vanilla, when he leaves you, you will want to die. If you know anything at all, know that it is only temporary.
5) Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently."
Abbie Nielsen (via flowing-air)
WHOEVER BUYS THIS FOR ME WINS MY ETERNAL LOVE
I OWN THIS
EVERY MORNING HE SAYS SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT HOW THE WORLD NEEDS YOU AND YOU HAVE TO GET UP
AND WHEN YOU PRESS THE BUTTON TO HUSH HIM HE SAYS “DEFTLY DONE, MADAM,” OR “IF IT’S NOT TOO FORWARD OF ME, THAT DID TICKLE, MADAM”
IT WAKES YOU UP WITH THE SOUND OF CHIRPING BIRDS BEFORE STEPHEN FRY’S VOICE
EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE
THIS IS LIKE JARVIS.
A REAL JARVIS EXCEPT HE’S A CLOCK.
Oh, it is a real shame they don’t make it anymore and you can’t even find a used one on eBay or anything. They’re all just completely gone.
I found one on eBay a while ago but lost the bid.
There’s been growing unrest about the future of interaction design trends. In the past week alone, I’ve read three separate discussions about the so-called “end of flat design.” This kind of talk is awesome because some of the best aesthetic and interaction design work is done at the dawn…
There’s nothing I find funnier on Sherlock than the fact that Anderson imagines Sherlock as being this suave, sexy, cool bamf who catwalks around kissing girls. When in reality he’s an adorable little gay sweetheart who folds napkins, blows things up by mistake, flails around, and glues pictures of John’s head to things.